Vehicle mod: WWII fictional AC-130 (C-47 Skytrain mod)

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
Carnie The Clown

Vehicle mod: WWII fictional AC-130 (C-47 Skytrain mod)

Post by Carnie The Clown »

Howdy folks! New guy here, and i'd like to request a vehicle mod.

I was playing BF3 the other day, and i was thinking it would be an excellent idea to have something like the AC-130 in Battlefield 1942. Not the exact same thing though, but similar.

I was thinking about altering the C-47 Skytrain into a plane somewhat resembling the AC-130, but with a pilot seat, 2 heavy machine gunner seats and 2 cannons on each side, and a machine gun at the rear under the tail of the plane to defend against planes behind it.

Even just replacing the C-47 with an AC-130 model and retexturing it and changing the weapons, speed, and number of seats will work. Or even better: keep the C-47, make a copy, and replace it with the new HC-950.

Like this:
Here's the texture i was thinking of. A darker blue than this, (so it would be hard to see during night raids) with parts of it being red and grey.
Here's the texture i was thinking of. A darker blue than this, (so it would be hard to see during night raids) with parts of it being red and grey.
On each side, there should be a heavy machine gun, and either an M10 Wolverine tank gun, or a SturmTiger cannon so it could take down ground targets, such as other tanks. The machine guns could be used to pepper halftracks and jeeps. As mentioned before, the rear tail machinegun would be to also pepper light vehicles, but also take down planes.

Name: HC-950 Gunship
Nationality: US
No. of seats: 6
Armor: 4000 (or as much as a heavy tank)
Speed: Pretty slow (sorry, don't know anything about speed in knots)

I hope someone could help bring this dream to life! :)
Vilespring

Re: Vehicle mod: WWII fictional AC-130 (C-47 Skytrain mod)

Post by Vilespring »

Hmmmm.... I like that. I love the Idea, and I would do that if I knew how to make my own meshes, but I don't. What I can say, however, is the Desert Combat mod has an AC130 Specter Gunship in the mod. If your going to use the mod for your own personal enjoyment, you can rip it right out of the mod, which I'm willing to do for you.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Carnie The Clown

Vilespring wrote:Hmmmm.... I like that. I love the Idea, and I would do that if I knew how to make my own meshes, but I don't. What I can say, however, is the Desert Combat mod has an AC130 Specter Gunship in the mod. If your going to use the mod for your own personal enjoyment, you can rip it right out of the mod, which I'm willing to do for you.
Yes! Please do! I've heard about the Desert Combat mod, but I never wanted it simply because it's not WWII, and I personally love it, and the goal of this mod was to create an early-ish model of the AC-130 that would have been feared by everyone had it been in the war.

Anyways, please do try to rip it from the mod please :D
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

Alright, I will commence ripping. Ripping takes time to do, since problems come up along the way, and this ones gonna have a lot of problems. Remember, only use this for your own enjoyment and LAN parties, release it on the internet and your done. If you want to, I can include the king tiger from Forgotten Hope mod with it, since what is one more rip gonna hurt? Balance the Germans by giving them land superiority.

Expect the vehicle around next week.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Carnie The Clown

Vilespring wrote:Alright, I will commence ripping. Ripping takes time to do, since problems come up along the way, and this ones gonna have a lot of problems. Remember, only use this for your own enjoyment and LAN parties, release it on the internet and your done. If you want to, I can include the king tiger from Forgotten Hope mod with it, since what is one more rip gonna hurt? Balance the Germans by giving them land superiority.

Expect the vehicle around next week.
Fine and dandy. I'm not in a hurry.

Thank you very much :D

I will use it for LAN games only. I promise. I never play online anyways.

Thanks for the King tiger too. Gives the HC-950 more targets.

Are you going to retexture it too? It's not a problem if you don't. I could try to do it myself. It's no big deal.
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I have no idea how to texture. The AC-130 has been ripped, but don't get too exited, cause it's coated up and down with bugs. The only gun that fires is the 40mm gun, and some audio is missing.

Carnie The Clown

Vilespring wrote:I have no idea how to texture. The AC-130 has been ripped, but don't get too exited, cause it's coated up and down with bugs. The only gun that fires is the 40mm gun, and some audio is missing.
Ok. I might try to retexture it. I'll wait a week like you said.

Could you swap the 40mm with a 30 or 50mm explosive machine gun?

So just the cannon and the explosive machine gun?

Don't mean to be picky. Sorry. :oops:
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

well, by the end it won't matter. The ship has a 105 cannon, one 40mm gun, and a boat load of vulcan miniguns. You don't need to change it at all. :D I might have it actually done by Monday, seeing how much easier Desert Combat is to rip than Forgotten Hope.

Carnie The Clown

Vilespring wrote:well, by the end it won't matter. The ship has a 105 cannon, one 40mm gun, and a boat load of vulcan miniguns. You don't need to change it at all. :D I might have it actually done by Monday, seeing how much easier Desert Combat is to rip than Forgotten Hope.
Alright. Thanks for the info :)

Take your time. I'm in no rush. Just as long as I get it.

Thanks for the King Tiger too :D
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

It's doneish. Is it alright if the 105 howitzer has no fire sound, because It just isn't taking any sound files. Other than that, it's done.