Vehicle mod: WWII fictional AC-130 (C-47 Skytrain mod)

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
Carnie The Clown

Re: Vehicle mod: WWII fictional AC-130 (C-47 Skytrain mod)

Post by Carnie The Clown »

Vilespring wrote:It's doneish. Is it alright if the 105 howitzer has no fire sound, because It just isn't taking any sound files. Other than that, it's done.
No that's fine. Sounds aren't a big deal for me. I'm happy as long as it works :D

Now for the last question: Where do i get it, and what do i do with it and the King tiger? (Sorry, complete noob :oops: only had small modding experience)

i do have the mod development kit.
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I was going to get to that. The vehicles exist, but will not spawn naturally on a map because there are no spawners. the only way to get them in a vanilla map is to use the debug executable to spawn the tank/plane. Before you ask, the debugger is here;
http://www.shacknews.com/file/4460/batt ... executable the download link at the top is an ad, use the one at the bottom of the page.

I can give you an edited map to you, would be no trouble at all.
to spawn a vehicle, press the magic ~, and type, "Game.spawnObject (Objectname)" without the quotes, and in (Objectname), put the ammo count. no, I'm kidding, the object name. The name of objects can be found in the Objects RFA in Objects.con files. in this case, it is "AC-130" and "KingTiger" without the quotes. Press enter to key it in. Only the debugger can spawn objects like that.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Carnie The Clown

Vilespring wrote:I was going to get to that. The vehicles exist, but will not spawn naturally on a map because there are no spawners. the only way to get them in a vanilla map is to use the debug executable to spawn the tank/plane. Before you ask, the debugger is here;
http://www.shacknews.com/file/4460/batt ... executable the download link at the top is an ad, use the one at the bottom of the page.

I can give you an edited map to you, would be no trouble at all.
to spawn a vehicle, press the magic ~, and type, "Game.spawnObject (Objectname)" without the quotes, and in (Objectname), put the ammo count. no, I'm kidding, the object name. The name of objects can be found in the Objects RFA in Objects.con files. in this case, it is "AC-130" and "KingTiger" without the quotes. Press enter to key it in. Only the debugger can spawn objects like that.
Alright. Gotcha. It's ok. The map is fine.

When you meant that the vehicles exist, you don't mean ,that the ac-130 and king tiger are there do you? I haven't downloaded them yet.

I'm kinda confused. I understand all that about the console debugger.
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

OOOPS! here they are. Back up all vanilla RFA that are being replaced by this, including the ones with _001 on the end. By existing, I mean are in the game files, but are not loaded. you need the files for them to exist though, hehe.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Carnie The Clown

Vilespring wrote:OOOPS! here they are. Back up all vanilla RFA that are being replaced by this, including the ones with _001 on the end. By existing, I mean are in the game files, but are not loaded. you need the files for them to exist though, hehe.
I assume vanilla means original, correct?

And will the vehicle spawning with the debugger be able to be used in co op, as long as i'm the host?

Oh and one more thing: either i'm blind, or I STILL don't see a link!

Don't take that the wrong way.
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

The site's upload system was failing, and I was trying to back out, then AT@T cut the service. I need your Email for the files. If you're friend is going to play on it, he needs the files too, and the debugger/ modded map, if you want to make a map for it, it would be better because you don't need the debugger. I could make the map for you, it would be no problem, seeing how I'm gonna use it too, cause it's too fun to delete.

Carnie The Clown

Vilespring wrote:The site's upload system was failing, and I was trying to back out, then AT@T cut the service. I need your Email for the files. If you're friend is going to play on it, he needs the files too, and the debugger/ modded map, if you want to make a map for it, it would be better because you don't need the debugger. I could make the map for you, it would be no problem, seeing how I'm gonna use it too, cause it's too fun to delete.
Ok. My email's [email protected]
As long as there isn't any .exe files. Gmail won't send those. I don't think there will be any, but I thought i'd let you know.

For a map, how bout we keep things simple. Could you take Kbely airfield or Essen, and replace the aircraft at the German airfield, or replace the C-47 with the Ac-130, and replace the German tank on either map with the King Tiger?

Or if you could make my requested map: Project Trinity

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1715

Not to make you do extra work.
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

no EXEs in RFAs, that's how I send EXEs to my freinds, I pack them in RFAs :twisted: I have made an El Alamein map with the two vehicles added. Hope that works. The AC-130 is, well you can't miss it. It is a bit of ways off the ramp leading from the airfield to the tank place. The King Tiger on the repair pad next to the Tiger.

Carnie The Clown

Vilespring wrote:no EXEs in RFAs, that's how I send EXEs to my freinds, I pack them in RFAs :twisted: I have made an El Alamein map with the two vehicles added. Hope that works. The AC-130 is, well you can't miss it. It is a bit of ways off the ramp leading from the airfield to the tank place. The King Tiger on the repair pad next to the Tiger.
Gotcha. So this will mean that I could add the vehicles to maps through battlecraft right?

I'll be waiting for the email. :)
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I need a better way to post the files. I broke it as down much as I could, yet it won't load. Anyone have anything to host bigish files?