Hello

Introduce yourself and check the rules ;)
chaos99

Hello

Post by chaos99 »

Hi all. my name is Brandon and im new to modding and map making, alse new to this site. i have editor42 and battlecraft 1942, i was watchin some videos of how to use textures and all but i noticed that there was a sky in the posted video..but on mine i only have darkness n was wondering how to change that, also i made a map on editor42 but dont know how to transfer the RFA or the map to battlecraft 1942 so i can place objects.

Thank you.
fo0k

Re: Hello

Post by fo0k »

Hi brandon, I have another video to post shortly on covering both those questions. Too tired to think right now but will get it on the site.. And welcome ;)
chaos99

Post by chaos99 »

Thanks alot man, the videos are very useful. thanks for ur time and effort
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

quick answer on the sky..

in your (ed42) Maps init.con

Under

Code: Select all

rem These settings are usually in /init/sky&sun.con
Replace the sun coordinates
e.g.

sky.sunLightDirectionVec 0.577/0.577/-0.577
with this

GeometryTemplate.create StandardMesh SkyBox
GeometryTemplate.file Sky_Guada_m1
Sky.initSky
Sky.addCloud
Cloud.setName cloud_0
Cloud.setSrcBlend BMSourceAlpha
Cloud.setDstBlend BMInvSourceAlpha
Cloud.setTexScale 5
Cloud.setSpeed 0.02 0.04
Cloud.setHeight 5000
Sky.changeOfsCloudHeight 2500
Sky.changeOfsCloudDist 333

sky.changeOfsSkyHeight 150

Sky.setCloudFog 0
Sky.setSun sun
sky.sunLightDirectionVec 0.851836/0.230153/-0.486727
Sky.setRotAngle 180
TextureManager.mipmaps 1

And you will have sun.. You dont need all that info above and ed42 will ignore some of it.. but as a habit.. its easiest to copy the whole section of sunlight info so you can also copy it back to your unpacked pack later.

When in ED42 press and hold 'L' to drag the sun around the sky.. line it up with the sun on the skybox :)

You can change the

GeometryTemplate.file Sky_Guada_m1
to any sky you want.. just look at any existing map and swap the name.. dont worry about the coordinates because you can align it easily in ED42.
chaos99

Post by chaos99 »

umm.....HUH? thats like reading another language to me...im very noob never modded anything, never made a map...sorry, dont worrie about it. i dont want to waste anyones time.
chaos99

Post by chaos99 »

Okay, nvm i found where the .con file was but didnt know what to open it with, then found out i could open it with notpad, now i have sun!! lol thanks..
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

cool.. yeah just make a folder.. extract everything from bf1942 to it.. then take a look through. best way to get a bit more familiar with it all.
chaos99

Post by chaos99 »

well the sky is there but the fog is black, so i extracted the wake RFA n went in the init.con or w.e n there was nothin for the gof settings..but i would like to learn how to play the maps i made, to test them i guess..