GoodDay everybody!

Introduce yourself and check the rules ;)
GoodDayToDie!!

GoodDay everybody!

Post by GoodDayToDie!! »

Wow. I just realized that I have been a member on this site for almost 2 years(December 2010) and I never properly introduced myself! :oops:

I started making maps about 3 years ago for the Interstate82 mod over at is82.com

What I have learned so far includes the following(that I can remember anyways):

I use Battlecraft for starting a map, sculpting a general layout of terrain, placing objects(except vegetation).

I am still getting my feet wet with Editor42. So far, I use it for texturing terrain, placing mass objects like trees and shrubs, terrain touch-up, and to improve the in game map's appearance.

Besides using those two programs, I can add music to maps, skyboxes from other maps, add custom objects from other maps(kind of like a thief would, but I try to get permission when I can or at least give proper credit) and a few little tricks I have learned from foOk and others in the Interstate community. Such as, proper fog begin and end, view distance, and lod distance. Also, adding load screen and thumbnail images.

I don't really know much else :( I tend to be a monkey see monkey do kinda mapper, but if I sit myself down long enough I'll figure out how to get what I need done.

The programs I have used for mapping in one regard or another include:
BC42
ED42
MDT 2.75
Gmake
PhotoShop(Had a trial copy, not sure what version it was, I could really use that again!)
Audacity(for converting MP3 files to WAV)

Not much but I certainly make due!!

Cheers
Vlay

Re: GoodDay everybody!

Post by Vlay »

Hello and Welcome here.
fo0k

Re: GoodDay everybody!

Post by fo0k »

2 years late.. it's tough to give you a welcome party :)