Hi Everyone

Introduce yourself and check the rules ;)
DinkW

Hi Everyone

Post by DinkW »

Hi

DinkW here :)
Still living in the past and still playing BF42 and still loving it!

I am an admin of the DAWGPWND servers and have my own test server running for trying out my attempts at modding :geek: (most of which I have learned from this site)

I am here to try and find an answer to a problem that we have encountered which is this:

Some of you may have seen to YouTube clip explaining how to crash a BF42 server using the "createLocalPLayer "" 0" in a .con file. This file is called from the hackers machine by using a command such as "include crash.con" .

I am trying to find a way of preventing the "include" command from running via the console, or at least get it to trigger something else.
Does anyone know if this is possible it is really giving me a head ache now??? :cry:

Thanks for your time
tekk

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by tekk »

Yes a recent patch was created by dierighty for both linux/windows servers, been verified to stop the exploit where I mostly game at.

Thread here:
http://bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=790&start=10
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
DinkW

Post by DinkW »

This is brilliant!!!

Hat goes off to Dierighty for his work :D

One question ......what is the best tool to use for the decompiling and recompiling of the EXE file?

I am used to doing this with proprietry compilers that I use at work but is there one you would recommend for BF?

Many thanks

DinkW
tekk

Post by tekk »

If you read the entire thread, on the last page dierighty already did the work and made the patch, you just have to upload it and overwrite the existing one.
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Welcome to the site dink! Old time bf'ers are most welcome.

I'm sure this exploit will not be the last thing to take down 1942 but it seems we live another day at least for now.
DinkW

Post by DinkW »

tekk wrote:If you read the entire thread, on the last page dierighty already did the work and made the patch, you just have to upload it and overwrite the existing one.
Yeah did read the entire post and also downloaded the patched file and tested it, works brilliantly by the way, but still wanted to know which HEX editor etc you guys are using?
Any recomendations? :geek:

PS this game will never die all the time there are people still doing the things you do so keep doing it ok? :D

Do you mined if I link to the file on the DawgPwnd so that other admins can find it I know of other servers that were having trouble with this?

Best to you all

DinkW 8-)
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

DinkW wrote: Do you mined if I link to the file on the DawgPwnd so that other admins can find it I know of other servers that were having trouble with this?

DinkW 8-)
maybe consider a link to the thread as this could be more useful overall in the long-term in case of more developments :)
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

It would be nice if other bf42 community sites could put this in their download sections.
On Bf-games.net they included it directly with the server files, for example.
DinkW

Post by DinkW »

Jeronimo wrote:It would be nice if other bf42 community sites could put this in their download sections.
On Bf-games.net they included it directly with the server files, for example.

Good call Jeronimo ;) I will have it put up in a download section on the DAWGPWND and spread the word to other admins