BF2: ESAI - A Strategic AI Enhancement Project

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
Void

BF2: ESAI - A Strategic AI Enhancement Project

Post by Void »

ESAI stands for "Enhanced Strategic AI". It was created to address an area of Battlefield 2 AI that was never developed to its fullest potential by EA/DICE.

If you look inside "\mods\bf2\ai\aidefaultstrategies.ai", you will find the following text at the bottom:
rem *** Add Strategies ***

rem --- DO THIS IN LEVEL SPECIFIC FILES ---

rem --- TODO: ADD LOGIC TO ADD DIFFERENT STRATEGIES FOR DIFFERENT GAMEMODES ---
EA/Dice apparently never finished their "to do list". The Vanilla BF2 AI Commander only has 2 strategy options: attack or defend.That's it.

ESAI gives the AI commander more strategy choices. It is also a system designed to streamline the flow of well equipped bots to the front lines. With ESAI you choose a strategy set to apply to a Game Mode - maps are hooked to ESAI inside the server archive using a specially crafted "Strategies.ai" file.

ESAI was first released at the BFSP forums about a year ago. The current version has been tested extensively, and all the feedback I have gotten has been positive. Users have reported a higher level of action and a more challenging sp/coop experience. There may easily be users who didn't like it, but I have never heard from one.

If you would like to try out ESAI, you may Download it Here.

The link above is to the current stable version - ESAI v4.0. ESAI v4.1 Beta exists, but is still being tested by some kind volunteers. Hopefully I will be able to release the new version soon.

Documentation is included in the download. If anyone has questions or needs help getting started with ESAI, I will be happy to assist.

Oh yeah - ESAI is and will always be a free BF2 enhancement. Anyone is free to use it or redistribute it as they wish. The only restriction regarding ESAI is that no one is permitted to charge money for it, or for any derivative works that use the ESAI code base.
Dennis|8749236

Re: BF2: ESAI - A Strategic AI Enhancement Project

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

Can u wrote the meaning of the short form in the documentation file?
e.g: CP (what is CP? Computer Player?)
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
Void

Post by Void »

Sorry for the late response...I have been indisposed as of late.

I'm not sure what acronyms you mean exactly, but I will go through some I commonly use when discussing this project:

CP = "Control Point"

SA = "Strategic Area"

Temp = "Temperature" (ex: Temperature Multipliers)

SAI = "Strategic AI"

Were there more I should clarify? Just let me know, and I'll try to help.
Dennis|8749236

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

I have read ur file, you said you got problem on making airstrike, BF1942 have a condition + setting to make Bot attack ships alot, i always been killed by those bombers in Midway.
I think you can go look at it..
hmm... and what is Vanilla???
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)