BF2 low res startup

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
timbo2410

BF2 low res startup

Post by timbo2410 »

Hi, I've been playing bf2 and NAW for quite a while now without issues. I started up today and the screen went to a low resolution. I could not get into any menu (because the menu was off the screen). I pressed Control, ALt, Delete but task manager was also off the screen due to the resolution. How do I select a resolution prior to starting the game? Or is it something to do with my graphics card? I've started up bf2 AIX and it's normal res, along with several other games and everythings fine ... I need help because I'm now suffering withdrawal symptoms :lol:
Apache Thunder

Re: BF2 low res startup

Post by Apache Thunder »

There is a way to bring up the taskmanager and move it with out using the mouse. To do this, open taskmanager (do NOT click on anything with the mouse!).

Then press alt. (don't hold down any of these keys, just press them each once). Then press left arrow key, then down key, then down key again, then press enter. After doing that, use arrow keys to move the window to desired position and press enter a last time. ;)

If BF2 is in window mode, you can move it by doing the same thing. Most likely BF2's top left corner of the window is always on the screen so you should always see what your doing, so it's easier to do.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!