BFV, modding failed

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
Kiste_Becks

BFV, modding failed

Post by Kiste_Becks »

Hi,

target: get the mig17 to respawn after its in the air, to get more mig17 on the map.

what ive done:
ive read this howto: http://bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=25

copied these files from the server:
operation_flaming_dart.rfa
operation_flaming_dart_001.rfa

opened the first with winrfa, selected and extracted:
ObjectSpawnTemplates.con

to "bfv maps"

this operation did create:
bfv maps\BfVietnam\levels\Operation_Flaming_Dart\Conquest\ObjectSpawnTemplates.con

did the same with _001.rfa, extracted it to the same directory.

now i did select "Pack -> Direcotry" and selected BfVietnam as "Source Directory". under "Base Path" BfVietnam showed up.
saved the file as operation_flaming_dart_002.rfa
Now i edited the file in winrfa and modified the mig17 spawner:

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner AT_Mig17Spawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 Mig17
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 Mig17
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelay 15
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 120
ObjectTemplate.Distance 200
ObjectTemplate.team 1
ObjectTemplate.MaxNrOfObjectSpawned 9999 #this line was added, the rest is just there to help you find what i mean.

After that i did "Save changes" and copied the _002 file to the servers level directory.
After changing to that card users where able to join, but no more than 2 mig17 where there at any time.
Any idea whats wrong?
motoko

Re: BFV, modding failed

Post by motoko »

So if I read and translated this right; you extracted the OST.con and then pack it to a 002 and proceeded to mod it in a RFA state? Most people mod in notepad, as it reads .con files after they were extracted. Also, anytime I have ever edited something in a RFA file form, it would corrupt it and delete the info.
Kiste_Becks

Post by Kiste_Becks »

winrfa has the possibility to modify files in the rfa file, i did not edit the binary format somehow.
motoko

Post by motoko »

Kiste_Becks wrote:winrfa has the possibility to modify files in the rfa file, i did not edit the binary format somehow.
Binary Format? And I was just stating that many(I think) people use Notepad when it comes to changing/adding code to the .con files. I would try that instead of using winrfa, because in all seriousness, it sucks.
EDIT: Make SpawnDelay to 0.
freddy

Post by freddy »

i would try lover the max amount of planes spawned form 9999 to 2 or 3 first, iwé had some problems in the past with high numbers in SpawnDelay, it was as the game just ignored it.