BFV: Flaming_Dart, Mig17 positioning?

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
Kiste_Becks

Re: BFV: Flaming_Dart, Mig17 positioning?

Post by Kiste_Becks »

operation_flaming_dart_001.rfa

i only added the max amount of vehicles for the mig17
motoko

Post by motoko »

Kiste_Becks wrote:operation_flaming_dart_001.rfa

i only added the max amount of vehicles for the mig17
Ah, you can't modify the .001 file.... You have to make a new patchfile(use this: iced's tut). I suggest that you follow that tut to the bone even though it's for bf1942; although, I'd leave out the staticobjects.con, as it doesn't really do anything with bfv.
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

lol
Mapper/map textureing/design....

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Kiste_Becks

Post by Kiste_Becks »

i did modify conquest when indeed coop was running on the server.
singleplayer/Object... was the file i was looking for.

the ice tut contains at least one error.
you dont have to extract every OST.con file. because every file thats updated is a complete replacement of the old one.
the _001.rfa is a patchfile but not the files that are contained. so you have to look at the last 00x patchfile and see if the file you would like to mod is in there. if not you have to look into 00x-1 and so on.

thx for your help.
freddy

Post by freddy »

Kiste_Becks wrote: the ice tut contains at least one error.
you dont have to extract every OST.con file. because every file thats updated is a complete replacement of the old one.
the _001.rfa is a patchfile but not the files that are contained. so you have to look at the last 00x patchfile and see if the file you would like to mod is in there. if not you have to look into 00x-1 and so on.

thx for your help.
it is covered in the tut
Iced Earth wrote: If you look, you will see a Market_Garden.rfa, Market_Garden_000.rfa and Market_Garden_003.rfa. Market_Garden.rfa is the file that was released with the original game. As you know various patches and updates came out for 1942. If the developers felt any changes needed to be made, they simply made a patch file. That's what Market_Garden_000.rfa and _003.rfa are. The game first reads the map file, Market_Garden.rfa. Then, if there are any files with a _### number it reads those, in numerical order. For instance, MapName_005.rfa would be read after MapName_003.rfa.
Iced Earth wrote: Good! We're on our way to making our own patchfile. But we aren't done! Remember, Market Garden already has two patch files of its own! If we didn't extract the newer files, our server side mod could be different from the Market Garden we know. Just remember to extract the files in order (MapName.rfa, then 000, then 001, etc etc). I will save you the trouble of looking; Market_Garden_000.rfa doesn't contain any changes we need to worry about, but Market_Garden_003.rfa contains a newer ObjectSpawns.con file.
Kiste_Becks

Post by Kiste_Becks »

might be just that im used to patch in linux, maybe its just another definition.