Chopper Take Off Delay

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
Player

Chopper Take Off Delay

Post by Player »

I've noticed in BF2 there's an initial Delay before the Choppers will take off but only the first time they take off.
If you have taken off once and land, exit the chopper and then enter the same chopper and take off again, there is no delay.

I'm having trouble locating the code where this is done. I'm interested in extending or shortening the delays.

I'm also interested if anyone else has some tweaked engines for faster more manuevarable choppers that they are will to share examples of.
Dennis|8749236

Re: Chopper Take Off Delay

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

try to adjust torque...
from start to top speed it need time to reach it, you can adjust torque to adjust the time it reach the speed can let it take off...
(my grammar is BAD T_T)
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
freddy

Post by freddy »

there is some lines

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.delayToUse
http://dzn.org.pl/mdt/scripting/ObjectT ... .shtm.html

and

ObjectTemplate.timeToNotAllowChange
http://dzn.org.pl/mdt/scripting/ObjectT ... .shtm.html

dunno if they can be useful, have seen them in the code but never tried them out myself.
archer

Post by archer »

The chance for those properties to work is rather slim, because they're made for (Hand)FireArms objects and not for Engine objects. Of course BF sometimes allows to use wrong properties on wrong types, you never know.
I would add an invisible c_ETPlane engine with limited fuel (ObjecTemplate.HeatIncrement) facing down and connected to c_PIThrottle, so it would prevent the copter from taking off until it runs out of fuel. This would work only once (only the first takeoff) but is still better than nothing.
You can also look at objects.rfa from DC to see how they done it there. I remember flying a copter that needed time before takeoff, but I'm not sure whether it was in DC or rather in PoE for BFV. It was a very long time ago ^^
dzn.battlefield.pl - my Bf1942 modding website
Player

Post by Player »

archer wrote:You can also look at objects.rfa from DC to see how they done it there.
You wouldn't happen to have a copy lying around that i could download do you?

Just the Objects.rfa

Thanks to everyone for the ideas.. so far none are quite what i was looking for.. I'll keep trying and if i come across the line of code i'll let you know.
archer

Post by archer »

I did some research and there's another idea. Look at UH60, it has an engine called usthe_uh60_Rotor.

ObjectTemplate.setMaxRotation 0/0/150
ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed 0/0/1
ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 0/0/10
ObjectTemplate.setInputToRoll PIThrottle
If I'm right (I have no way to test it right now) SetMaxSpeed and SetAcceleration may regulate the time which the main rotor takes to start generating thrust.
Hope this helps.
dzn.battlefield.pl - my Bf1942 modding website