Do Windows SSM mods work on Linux Servers?

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
Scooby

Do Windows SSM mods work on Linux Servers?

Post by Scooby »

Hi, this to you guys must be such a noob question, I have modded some maps, Hastings, Khe Sahn etc, I have modded them and have then tested them using BFV Server 1.2. The thing is they are being installed on a Linux Server from Gametracker and they don't work ;(

Do I need a BFV Linux Server to mod the maps on? And if so do I need Linux installing on my PC to do the mods? Or is there some way arround this?

Thanks

Scooby
freddy

Re: Do Windows SSM mods work on Linux Servers?

Post by freddy »

Hi Scooby. I havent modded anything for bfv, but for bf42 the difference is that in linux you need to use small letters where the default in windows is that the files starts with capital letters.

So if a map is called Battle_of or something the like in windows, just rename it to battle_of and try again.
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Hi Freddy, thanks for the reply, really good of you to help :D

I will try this out and let you know

Cheers

Scooby
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

The game file layout does not differ between linux and windows versions.

freddy however pointed out the one important thing to consider, and there's actually a very simply rule for that to follow: No capital letters at all in file names and you are 100% fine on that end :) .

The only real difference is in the executables, as obviously linux requires a different launch process. So as long as you don't want to go exe-hacking, you'll be fine ;) .
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Thanks for the reply, so what you are saying is that (for my very simple mind) as long as the file names within the .RFA files are all in lowercase there is no reason why these modded .RFA's shouldn't work on a Linux (Ubuntu) server and run fine?

Edit* You guys are the best, I changed the RFA to be lowercase - so Hastings_001 became hastings_001 and this works fine - Thanks again for your help guys, you are the best :D
Thanks again - checking the files now!

Scooby
WalterMl

Do Windows SSM mods work on Linux Servers

Post by WalterMl »

Hey guys
i cant connect to the EA server
it started before 2 days and i thought the servers are down
but now i cant connect too
can it be that i have been banned?
Essay help you need! High-quality essays only!