Create a Death Bubble

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
Scooby

Create a Death Bubble

Post by Scooby »

Hi, can someone please help? - I am trying to create a death bubble on BFV 1.2 to stop base campers, I have read the tutorial and tried to use the code as stated with no success, I am trying this on the SSM so I wonder if for some reason this is different? See below the code I have used;

On Hastings_001 Server side

ObjectSpawnsTemplate.con

rem *** Kills red guys ***
ObjectTemplate.Active O_HeliRepairRearmPoint
ObjectTemplate.radius 150
ObjectTemplate.team 1
ObjectTemplate.setHealth -1 -2 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType oh-6 -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType pbr -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType UH1Assault -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType Mi8 -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType Mig17 -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType Mig21 -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType PT76 -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType Patton -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType m113 -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType BTR60 -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType Corsair -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType ZSU -1 -4 0
ObjectTemplate.workOnVehicles 1
ObjectTemplate.workOnSoldiers 1

And in the objecttemplate.con

rem *** Kills red guys ***
Object.create O_HeliRepairRearmPoint
Object.absolutePosition 788.90/45.80/1545.00
Object.rotation 0/0/9.88312e-006

Please help!

Thanks

Scooby
Scooby

Re: Create a Death Bubble

Post by Scooby »

Hello all, can anyone please help with this? Everytime I try and create a death bubble server side I get corrupt data. I know this may seem easy to some of you guys but I would really apprieciate your help with this.

The server I play on gets some real bad main base rapers and I just want to try and stop this so everyone can have fun :D If some one could just talk me through the code that would be brilliant.

Thanks

Scooby
freddy

Post by freddy »

The code looks ok to me, except you dont need to rotate a round bubble so you can take out > Object.rotation 0/0/9.88312e-006

Maybe bfv works different with this, i dont know
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Hi Freddy, many thanks for the reply, do you have to set-up a new patch to make this work (like an _002)? Or can you put this into the serverside existing patch/main RFA file? Also does ObjectTemplate.Active need to be an existing template that you re-use or (as I am trying to do here - ObjectTemplate.Active O_HeliRepairRearmPoint) can you use one from the static objects.con file (ObjectTemplate.Active O_HeliRepairRearmPoint)? I think this is where I am getting stuck. I can't seem to get it working either way to be honest :cry:
freddy

Post by freddy »

Bfv seems to be a bit sensitive to uppercase and lowercase letters according to this thread http://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB ... c209f67699

Cant help you much with bfv but check out the old bfv forum, i bet you cand find a solution to your problem there

http://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB ... c209f67699

Yes when you use the active command you use it on something that already exists in the game so you can change its properties to your liking, and yes the common way is to make a patchfile with a slightly higher number, its easier to organize your mods that way.

edit: i have some wage memory about that you cant make any changes in the existing map files but that you must use patchfiles because of the content check system used in bfv or something like that, i might be wrong tho, hard to remember that far back :)
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Fantastic Freddy. thanks again for your help. Just one last question that is confusing me a little (a lot really), on some of the posts people are saying that you have to edit the objects in the object RFA file so that death bubbles work, not sure if this is correct????? - From what I can figure out I just have to use a repair point and give it a minus health, put that into objectstemplates.con and then put in the objects.con what and where these are. The only thing I need the objects.RFA for is to get the correct names of the repair points not to adjust them in this file??? - Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again

Scooby
freddy

Post by freddy »

yeah i get what you mean, but i cant give you a good answer, in vanilla bf42 you can make the changes to the bubble in the ost.con but maybe bfv works different then that. i guess you have to try the different methods and see if you can find out how and if it works.

I remember one thing for sure, something like you cant change engines properties to make turbos in bfv, instead they had to use "guns" and use the recoil to propeller the vehicle forward
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Hi Freddy, again many thanks for the reply, I got it working thanks to you and the posts you pointed me too :D Really pleased to get this working as it was getting pretty bad with campers etc.

Thanks again :D

Scooby