BFV Modding

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
Scooby

Re: BFV Modding

Post by Scooby »

Thanks for the reply, I guess with that in mind then I need to know what SSM objects there are, what their names are I mean, for example Hueys Assault helicopters are called HueyAssSpawner, so I guess there is a name for the OH-6, but the question is what is it?

It would be good to know where to go to get that list?

Thanks again, hope you can help again

Scooby
freddy

Post by freddy »

Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Again, you keep mixing up Objects and ObjectSpawners.

While Objects (which are defined in "ObjectTemplate.setObject") have to use the EXACT object name, it doesn't matter for the ObjectTemplate itself, which name is defined in the line ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner xxx. The latter is just an identifier, hence the name is totally irrelevant.

You need to understand that underlying concept, which I tried to explain in the former post. And SSM or CSM doesn't really matter on that regard.

First, you define a spawner with the ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner xxx part. You can see that pretty much as an invisible building with the special ability to spawn objects in given intervals.
After this step, you have defined said "building", but it's not placed anywhere, so not much use to it. That's where Object.create xxx comes in: You can place that building as often as you want by using the same "xxx" name that you used for the SpawnerTemplate before.

These SpawnerTemplates are only defined and stored on a per-level-basis (as they are in each map's ObjectSpawnerTemplates.con (OST) file) and thus they are not valid for the entire game. A different map could have entirely different names for the SpawnerTemplates.

EDIT: If you need/want to find out the object names, just open up the game's "Objects.rfa" and look through the folders. Each game object will have its own subfolder, usually even stored in comprehensive subcategories (Air, Land, Sea, StaticWeapons). The foldername usually is the same as the object name of the containing object, but to be absolutely certain open the "Object.con" inside that folder, the first line of it should detail the exact object name.
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

As usual Senshi you have answered the question, I now understand exactly what you were getting at (sorry it's all a bit new to me!! :oops: ) Brilliant!

Thanks again, it works now :D

Scooby