First time map making help

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
timbo2410

First time map making help

Post by timbo2410 »

Hi all, Well I've always wanted to try and make my own map. I've read a few guides and have been completely confused. Still want to give it a go though. Can somebody give me an idea as to how to go about it in the easiest fashion please. All I want to do is take some of the best features from various maps (I've got AIX and NAW) and combine them into a map that I like with the vehicles that I want. I don't want to mess with kit or building structures just mix and match what is already in other levels. Where do I start and give it to me in idiot terms :D
fo0k

Re: First time map making help

Post by fo0k »

Welcome to the site.. the best thing to do is download Battlecraft and follow the tutorials included with it. This will get you started. There's a bunch of basic tutorials here too (link up top..)
Mixing and merging content from different mods can, at times be a quite advanced task.. I think you need to start with the basics to get things rolling.
cajunwolf

Post by cajunwolf »

We sure need a good total and comprehensive battlefield 1942 and Vietnam mapping tutorial don't we. This member might have stayed and learned then perhaps passed it on to others if we had had the tutorials needed. One of two things happened as they always do. I see a lot of this over at bfsp. Timbo either found what he was looking for elsewhere or, he saw how difficult and time consuming mapping can be and was ever over whelmed or lost interest. ;)

All that being said I think he was looking for BF2 related mapping and I have been after Headhunter and Jones over at bfsp to help me do one.

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

fo0k wrote:Welcome to the site.. the best thing to do is download Battlecraft and follow the tutorials included with it. This will get you started. There's a bunch of basic tutorials here too (link up top..)
Mixing and merging content from different mods can, at times be a quite advanced task.. I think you need to start with the basics to get things rolling.
The version of Battlecraft you linked is not correct, he needs the BC Vietnam version.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
cajunwolf

Post by cajunwolf »

I imagine he has the editors as they come with the game. All he wants to do is open maps already created and change what vehicles and such spawn into the map, which is quite simple to do. He could either rename an original map or add his changes to an archive file (like map_name.999). This would be a simple tutorial to do. I am spending my time off over the holidays to catch up on a few tutorials and give cajunwolf.com a face lift (or at least a start on it). I am well on the way on my BC tutorials, and with exception of the growth mapper, both bc42 and BCV are pretty much the same to work with so I am combining them in to one tutorial.

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"