Pardon me for bump, but this EA Live Chat Support guy is telling me to uninstall with revo software..
I am NOT installing a third time, I won't even trust system restore
EDIT: ALL FIXED !! I backed up the Mods folder + my BF2 shortcut folder, uninstalled and did the following
1. Run BF2's individual installer..install then restart -.-
2. Run v1.41 patch (for some reason, if I ran it from my root BF2 install it would just run BF2 lol)
3. Run Special Forces' installer. v1.1 patch actually goes through, mine complained of space because my C:\ is low and BF2 is not even installed on it lol. But then SF installer pops up, it detected my BF2 install and worked !
4. Run v1.41 patch once again. It's actually smart enough to know what file(s) are out of date, so it's actually quicker and will work on your SF as well.
5. Run v1.5 patch. Now SF is fully installed, also the Euro Force and Armored Fury booster packs are there within BF2 itself. They are three new maps each, v1.5 includes them and so there is no more key/registration/activation required. TRANSLATION: We're back in full effect
After nearly a decade of nonstop BF1942, and some BFV, everything is so new but slowly learning BF2. What's up with ingame mic and/or VOIP ? I read the feature only performs on XP so that sucks
EDIT 2: Key errors also very common.. regedit to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc (or in my case for Battlefield 2 Special Forces xpack) . Now Modify the lone entry, this is your key
For some BLASTED reason, they MUST begin with x9392 (!?) . Your key follows right after, no separation. Example: x9392XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX