BF2 Complete Collection Special Forces crash (SOLVED)

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
mistamontiel

BF2 Complete Collection Special Forces crash (SOLVED)

Post by mistamontiel »

Salutations

I ordered the Complete Collection, retail. The all-in-one installer would not let me install to folder of choice so I used BF2's lone installer.

Then when I try to move on to install the expansion Special Forces, it attempts to patch to v1.1 which it never does, nor goes further. Then, I read that v1.5 patch includes everything, the expansion and both booster packs. I also read v1.5 is just an incremental so I installed the v1.41 patch, then v1.5

Ingame, I hit Communites. I don't see the boost packs, I am curious to know where they are..and so, I try to load Special Forces, it switches, hangs on black screen for 5 seconds and just crashes. How can I play Special Forces, and the booster packs ?
Last edited by mistamontiel on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mistamontiel

Re: JUST got BF2.. need feedback

Post by mistamontiel »

Pardon me for bump, but this EA Live Chat Support guy is telling me to uninstall with revo software..

I am NOT installing a third time, I won't even trust system restore :oops:

EDIT: ALL FIXED !! I backed up the Mods folder + my BF2 shortcut folder, uninstalled and did the following

1. Run BF2's individual installer..install then restart -.-

2. Run v1.41 patch (for some reason, if I ran it from my root BF2 install it would just run BF2 lol)

3. Run Special Forces' installer. v1.1 patch actually goes through, mine complained of space because my C:\ is low and BF2 is not even installed on it lol. But then SF installer pops up, it detected my BF2 install and worked !

4. Run v1.41 patch once again. It's actually smart enough to know what file(s) are out of date, so it's actually quicker and will work on your SF as well.

5. Run v1.5 patch. Now SF is fully installed, also the Euro Force and Armored Fury booster packs are there within BF2 itself. They are three new maps each, v1.5 includes them and so there is no more key/registration/activation required. TRANSLATION: We're back in full effect 8-)

After nearly a decade of nonstop BF1942, and some BFV, everything is so new but slowly learning BF2. What's up with ingame mic and/or VOIP ? I read the feature only performs on XP so that sucks :(

EDIT 2: Key errors also very common.. regedit to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc (or in my case for Battlefield 2 Special Forces xpack) . Now Modify the lone entry, this is your key

For some BLASTED reason, they MUST begin with x9392 (!?) . Your key follows right after, no separation. Example: x9392XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Deuces !!!
Last edited by mistamontiel on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mistamontiel

Re: BF2 Complete Collection Special Forces crash

Post by mistamontiel »

Robot anyone ?

Also, I heard that BF2 and newer are forced to be played via fuck assed Origin client only ? If they do this to 1942/V why I oughta.. :|

Damn it EA, you've no part in BF !! They didn't dev ANYTHING
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

robot deleted.. thanks.. there's been a couple recently who seem to have bypassed my epic sign-up security measures.
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

8-) Glad I got here before then lol
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I can still play BF1942 and BF2 without any kind of Origin program, then again I've been playing more FH2 and Project Reality (BF2 mods) instead of the vanilla game.

Good job, mistamontiel! Glad you figured out your problem.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

I heard BF2 was forced on Origin.. haven't kept it installed to find out

:oops: Too real little fun

I liked Pirates mod.. and Apache's Mario Kart or I think they were bonus maps in his BFH conversion to BF2 rather. That's it. Not good enough

Go and play vanilla, all you hear is damn spam
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

I actually had ta refer here to ma own chit :{ Reinstalled but my expansion/xpack still needs "the" key changer as the installer(s) never jots it down right

Yes I found a changer but it's nothing alike the one that got me goin way back when. Any ideas ..?

EDIT: What on Earth.. I hit up regedit and all the same now no solution now someone please TV (Teamviewer) me :| So pathetic also did my base BF2 key "wrong" by accident

BF1942 bundles key changers I remember for the game and both xpacks .. I think they were lil EA apps. Does BF2 have this frickin thing anywheres ?

EDIT 2: SOLVED !!!! WHAT the FUCK the key in regedit must be in x9392xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx format. x9392 WHAT ? lol ? Then followed by key dashes/hyphens are good

..oh God my night was semi ruined so angry at this lolll

EDIT 3: What solved , looool already posted this above